I love red lipstick. A good red lipstick is like the little black dress of makeup; it works day or night in every season and the color flatters every skin tone. Red lipstick is classic, feminine, confident, and polished. If you have a medium to dark skintone then you will love the colors in this post.
In order to get the best wear possible from your red lipstick I suggest the following:
- Be sure to exfoliate with a gently lip scrub before you apply color. I love using the Bite Beauty Whipped Lip Scrub with Cherry Oil. It is hydrating and smooths away dead skin so you can have lipstick-ready-soft lips.
- Always use a lip liner to prevent feathering and bleeding. My favorite red lipliner is Cherry by MAC cosmetics.
- Use your lip liner to fill in your whole mouth to create a strong base for your color to last. I color in my lips with my liner, blot, then apply my color.
Products You Should Try
1. Too Faced Melted Long Wearing Lipstick in Melted Velvet.
This is my most recent red lip color buy. I love the Melted Lipsticks by Too Faced because they have oodles of pigment and wear very well. This red has a warm undertone and a luminous ruby-red finish. I also love the applicator.
2. Nars Audacious Lipstick in Charlotte.
I think of this color as my Upper East Side red lipstick because of the sophisticated finish. It goes on like silk and the color is so rich you only need one swipe. Everything Nars does is pure makeup brilliance and the Audacious Lipsticks are the next generation of high-end lip colors.
3. Bite Beauty Lipstick in Tanin.
This color is very special to me because it was the first Bite Beauty lipstick color I ever bought. Bite Beauty lipsticks are packed with intense pigment, antioxidants and moisturizing ingredients that heal and nourish your lips. Whenever I wear this color I feel like a 1940s pin-up girl. Tanin is a color that gives instant glamour.