Are you tired? Are you sick? Why do you look so sleepy? The answer to all three of these questions is “No, it’s just my dark circles.” Dark circles are a concern that is always high on the beauty problem list. I have been battling darkness around my eyes for my whole life and I have perfected a routine to make them disappear.
For this look you will need the following products:
- A flat concealer brush (make sure it has synthetic bristles because that is what is best for creamy products.)
- Beauty Blender Sponge
- Your favorite hydrating eye cream.
- A color correcting base (I use the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Very Deep Bisque)
- Your favorite full coverage concealer (I’m using Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealer in Syrup)
- Highlighting Powder (I’m using the Kat Von D Highlighting/Contouring Palette. Ben Nye Banana Powder is also a good option)
- A fluffy eyeshadow brush.
- Prep your skin with eye cream before you start applying the makeup. Currently I am using the Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Cream. It’s great for hydration and depuffing.
- Apply your color correcting base under the eye and on the eyelid with your concealer brush. I always put a little bit of corrector on my lid because I have darkness around my entire eye. Gently clean off the brush before step three.
- Using your concealer brush apply your concealer in a V-shape under your eye.
- Dampen your Beauty Blender and start patting in the product gently. Take your time with this step until the product completely blends into your skin.
- Set your concealer with a highlighting powder or a loose powder using a clean fluffy shadow brush.
I usually apply my foundation first then perfect my concealer but for this post I mixed up my routine. I applied my primer first as always, then I applied my concealer, and finished with some foundation. I always recommend using a brush for concealer instead of fingers because you get a more even application and it’s more hygenic. I really love Becca’s Ultimate Coverage Concealing Creme because it has an extensive shade range for medium to deep skintones, provides amazing coverage that looks natural, and the texture is creamy and blendable. My favorite concealer brushes are my MAC Concealer Brush #195 and my Sephora Pro Flat Concealer Brush #76.