Lately I have been getting a lot of questions on how to deal with visible pores. In order to achieve smooth, polished skin we need to talk about exfoliation, proper cleansing, and sun protection. Pores become enlarged from excess oil production or sun damage. The sun breaks down the skin which causes the pores to dilate and that youthful elasticity (the bounce in your skin) is destroyed. Once again I have to stress that wearing SPF every day all year round is a non-negotiable and the your skin will thank you for it.
Here are some great weapons that will help you conquer those pesky pores.
1. Clarisonic Face/Body Brush.
I have been using my Clarisonic facial brush for more than five years and I can honestly say I don’t remember life before it. The first time I used it I noticed I had less breakouts and smoother texture within the first two weeks of using it. For real. When people ask me if it’s worth the investment I tell them the truth: it’s like having your own personal facialist at home. There is a brush head for every skin type. I alternate between the normal and the deep pore cleansing brush head. Here’s why you need it:
- A more thorough cleansing routine will allow your products to absorb better.
- Dirt and excess oil can build up in pores so the best way to keep them clear is by thoroughly cleansing day and night.
- It will improve the effectiveness of your current cleanser.
2. DermaDoctor Ain’t Misbehavin’ Medicated AHA/BHA Acne Cleanser.
If you are looking for a cleanser that will help with breakouts, pores, and excess oil production then buy this product!
- Glycolic Acid works on the surface to remove dead skin cells and Salicylic Acid unclogs pores.
- It has rich creamy texture and is soap-free, fragrance-free, and oil-free.
- If you only have occasional breakouts but want an exfoliating cleanser you can still use it daily. Start out once a day and work your way up to twice a day.
3. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional!
Now that you have fresh clean skin it’s time for the prep and prime:
- POREfessional is going minimize the appearance of pores and act as a primer before foundation.
- You can use it over makeup to touch-up during the day if you get shiny.
- It’s oil-free and completely translucent so it works on all skintones.
I hope you try out these products and send me a Snap on snapchat(@sagebeautyblog) of you using of them!