The New Skincare Ingredient You Need To Try
As a skincare expert and beauty writer, I love discovering new ingredients that are fresh solutions to old skincare issues. One of this year’s fresh innovations has been the use of CBD Oil. It seems that this controversial, multitasking, multi-beneficial ingredient has been creating a buzz in products ranging from face oils to haircare to body soap to chewable gummies. There is a LOT of confusion about CBD so here is a quick and easy guide to understand CBD a little better and how it can benefit your skin.
- CBD, which stands for Cannabidiol, is derived from the Hemp Plant. Hemp plants are a form of Cannabis Sativa that is typically grown for industrial purposes.
- CBD is one of 85 chemical substances known as Cannabinoids, which are all found in the Cannabis plant. CBD is the second most abundant compound in hemp, usually comprising up to 40% of its extracts.
- Cannabis is a type of flowering plant that includes three distinct types: Cannabis ruderalis, Cannabis indica, and Cannabis sativa.
- CBD is a non-psychoactive compound – this means that it does not produce the “high” associated with THC.
- CBD is packed with powerful antioxidants that are great for battling free radical damage to skin, calming eczema, and reducing inflammation.
So now that we know some more about CBD, let’s talk about why I love High Beauty.
I recently discovered a new skincare brand called High Beauty when I was on the hunt for a new facial to add to my skincare routine. Can we just take a moment for this name though? I purchased the brand on Sephora.com; the brand consists of only two super power products at the moment, a facial oil and a moisturizer. Don’t worry I have heard that they will be rolling more products! High Beauty was created by Melissa Jochim in California. The brand uses Cannabis Sativa Oil and has no psychoactive properties. Cannabidiol (CBD) is naturally non-intoxicating. The High Expectations Cannabis Seed Facial Oil is formulated for all skin types to combat lines and wrinkles, dryness, and redness. It also helps to strengthen your skin’s lipid barrier. The face oil is your nighttime nourishing product that can be used alone or with your current night time products. It contains 32 percent cannabis sativa seed oil from hemp. You only need a few drops on a freshly washed face. The product is also vegan cruelty free, and paraben free. It has helped immensely with my dry skin and it also helped the stubborn patches of eczema. When I wake up in the morning I notice my skin is so SMOOTH and not greasy at all! Now that summer is full force I still use it at night as needed after on any area that are irritated due to summertime eczema flare ups.
I would love to know what you think about this brand! If you try High Beauty be sure to leave a comment below on how it worked for you or leave a comment on my Instagram page @sagebeautyblog.
With Love Always,